Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Magic Kingdom: Main Street


Magic Kingdom! I had the most pictures from this park, more than all the others combined! So, I have saved it for last and divided it up between multiple posts. So, buckle up, here we go!
     

There are quite a few similarities between Magic Kingdom and Disneyland, they have the same basic layout, but Magic Kingdom is so much BIGGER! I was blown away by how huge all the lands are here. Main Street U.S.A. is pretty much the same, but also fairly different. We spent a lot of time going through all the shops and appreciating all the fun little details in the beautiful architecture.






We didn't eat at Tony's Town Square restaurant, but we popped in so I could see all the adorable decor.




Laura made sure to show me this darling little detail that's on the sidewalk right in front of the restaurant.




The Main Street Confectionary is famous for it's hand made, old fashioned goodies. The candy making cast members wear turn of the century costumes while they hand spin cotton candy, hand dip caramel apples and chocolates, and make Micky shaped Rice Krispy treats the size of my face from scratch.






This store had the same wall paper as the entry way of the Haunted Mansion













We were lucky enough to happen upon a show at the castle right when my favorite Disney movie was getting a little stage time. Tiana, Naveen, and Luis were jamming out to some New Orleans jazz with Micky, Minnie and Goofy!



We couldn't stay to watch the rest of the show since we had rides to ride, but we did see a snippet of Donald bringing some viking friends on stage to do a Tangled themed number. 



I think Dumbo is one of the cutest Disney characters, I ended up with quite a few Dumbo souvenirs from this trip. I can't stand to watch his movie, it makes me way too sad, but Dumbo himself is just too cute.




The walk way through the castle tells the story of Cinderella with the most stunning, glittery mosaics. You better believe I took multiple photos of each panel ...




The capitals of the columns are made up of all of Cinderella's woodland creature friends! Disney details never cease to delight me.









... And they lived happily ever after ...



Main street at night is a magical sight





Daisy is one of my favorite, under appreciated characters, she is just so darn cute.






1 comment:

  1. The blown glass castle was so intricate! Fantastic! Loved seeing the exquisite mosaic panels...Ravaenna gone Disney. I love how Disney borrows from past cultures and makes them available to everyone.

    ReplyDelete