Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Epcot: Future World


Before our trip I thought Epcot was just the World Showcase but I was fascinated to find out there is a whole other part of Epcot known as Future World that has it's own pavillions. We didn't explore Future World as throughly as we did the World Showcase, but we still covered quite a bit of ground there.



We spent some time at The Land pavilion and rode the new Soarin' Over the World ride as well as the very unique Living with the Land boat ride.



Living with the Land is a slow-moving boat ride, which is part dark ride and part greenhouse tour. The focus of the ride is on agriculture, especially new technology to make agriculture more efficient and environmentally friendly. Much of the produce grown in the greenhouse is used in The Garden Grill and Sunshine Seasons, both restaurants in The Land pavilion. In total, over 30 tons of produce are harvested from The Land each year.





After our visit at The Land, we headed over to the Club Cool to try some sodas from around the world. I had tried a lot of these sodas when I visited the Coke store in Vegas, and I had learned from that experience to stay away from the Italian soda, Beverly...






We also visited the test track, where we designed the most adorable, itty bitty, pink, sparkly race car. We didn't excel at most of the tests, but we did score the highest when we tested it's efficiency, so take that!




I was completely blown away when I learned Future World is home to a full blown aquarium! Disney World seriously has everything! The Seas pavilion is home to an adorable Nemo ride as well as the aquarium.








It was feeding time for these adorable, sweet manatees so we stopped for a while and watched them gobble up small pieces of lettuce. I'm not sure I have ever seen a real life manatee before. They are very serene animals.



The dolphins were in an extremely playful mood and were zooming all over their enclosure, passing a ball back and forth.






We, of course, made sure to ride Spaceship Earth, which is housed in the iconic geodesic sphere landmark. That ride was nothing like what I expected it to be... I'm not even sure how to describe it.





They take your picture at the beginning of the ride, then use those photos in a video about your future they make based on a few questions they ask. I smiled for the wrong flash, I smiled when they were taking the picture of the people in front of us, then stared the camera down when it was actually taking a picture of us. So while Laura looks optimistic and happy about our future, I just look flat out pissed about everything.







1 comment:

  1. The aquarium looked fun; always loved those gentle manatees. Loved the story about your frowny future. hahaha

    ReplyDelete