Thursday, June 8, 2017

Hollywood Studios


Hollywood Studios! We hit up this park a little later in our trip when we needed a little bit of a more relaxing day. We rode and saw pretty much all we wanted to see in half a day, then we went back to the hotel and spent the other half napping and it was glorious. It was also one of the hottest and busiest days so it was the perfect day to enjoy our wonderful hotel.


I love all the art deco architecture and old Hollywood vibe in this park










Tower of Terror is one of my all time favorite rides, I'm so sad the one in Disneyland is gone! But that made riding it in Disney World all the more special, the ride is also a little different here than it was in Disneyland so that was a fun surprise, it is a little less predictable.









I always want all of the "display only" items in the Tower of Terror store



Next up was Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Staring Aerosmith! So many people had told me this was their favorite ride in all of Disney World, so I was pretty stoked to finally get to check it out. Laura had gotten us fast passes to all of these high profile rides, so we zipped through all of the lines! It was awesome! Laura sure knows how to plan perfect Disney days!


I was astonished to see a poster for a rock show staring me in my hometown! I seriously thought it was magic until Laura explained to me they got the info from my magic band when I scanned it for my fast pass ... I still wasn't used to those magic bands, they really are magic...

When we got to the front of the line we asked if we could be seated in the very front of the ride, we had to wait a couple of extra minutes in a special front-of-the-ride line but it was totally worth it. Now I understand why everyone loves this ride so much.


After getting in a few of the best known rides in the park, we spent some time wandering through all the fun shops. I found some cute shirts to take home that I hadn't seen in any of the other stores. I'm always on the hunt for the lesser known/seen Disney apparel.





Next we headed to the Star Wars Launch Bay to geek out over all the amazing Star Wars stuff. I am a huge Star Wars fan girl



They had loads of special exhibits on Episode VII: The Force Awakens and Rogue One: A Star Wars Story








Kylo Ren!


Then it was time for Star Tours, another favorite ride of mine. 



For lunch, we got pulled pork salads from Fairfax Fare and they were delicious. The perfect filling meal for a hot January day in Florida.


We stepped into Sweet Spells to pick up a few room treats before heading back to our hotel. I love that this cute little sweet shop is dedicated to the Disney Villains and sports the fun tagline, "Villains in Vogue." These whoopee pies were works of art! I totally would have tried one if I was hungry enough to eat it right away, but since I was looking for treats to save for later, I went with items a little more transportable. I'll just have to go back so I can try them.



No comments:

Post a Comment