Thursday, August 20, 2015

An Austrian Carriage Ride


Day two in Vienna began with a tour of the crypt below St. Stephen's Cathedral.  It was fascinating and creepy, the boys were disappointed the walls weren't made out of bones, but they still had a good time. It was nice and cool down below ground, so we all enjoyed that.  The 110 degree heat followed us from Bratislava to Vienna, and the humidity was through the roof.  The instant we walked up the tiny, spiral staircase out of the crypt, I sweated off all of my make up.  Pictures weren't allowed in the crypt seeing as it is a final resting place and it would be disrespectful.

After our crypt tour, we were all treated to a horse drawn carriage ride though out the city!  I love carriage rides, and was so excited for this part of the day!









I have a beautiful etching of this iron gate that I bought on a walk with my dad the first time I visited Vienna, so it holds a special place in my heart.





For lunch, we headed to one of the oldest restaurants in Vienna, to have some of their famous schnitzel.  The boys, especially Will and Ben, had really developed a love of schnitzel and ordered it every chance they got.  The schnitzel here is famous for many reasons, but the biggest reason is that they pound it to be larger then your plate! (Pun, intended.)









Mom and I decided to head back to the boat to take a cold shower and a nap.  The rest of the gang headed out in the city to have some adventures.  On our walk back to the boat we passed by this pretty little flower shop.  I took way too many pictures of it, and I have posted them all here for your viewing pleasure.  The flower shops in Europe are so gorgeous, I can't ever get enough of them.






1 comment:

  1. That weinerschnitzel was the best ever! I love your colorful pictures of the flowers!

    ReplyDelete