Saturday, January 10, 2015

Golden Birthday Extravaganza: San Diego


This year was my golden birthday, I turned the big 28 on the 28th of October.  I love celebrating birthdays and I wanted to do something big and fun for my Golden birthday, it only happens once in a lifetime!  I am lucky enough to have the best friends on the entire planet and they planned the most perfect Golden Birthday Extravaganza trip.  Words can not describe how much this trip, and my friends who planned it, mean to me. I am tearing up with tears of gratitude just thinking about it.

Our week long celebration began in San Diego, we stayed at the gorgeous and lovely Hotel La Jolla which is only a block away from the beach.  The first big event of this birthday trip was going to see my favorite Georgian heart throb in concert.  I got to see LUKE BRYAN in concert, in California, for my birthday, with one of my besties by my side.  It was a dream. Come. True.  I have been obsessed with Luke Bryan ever since Laura asked me to go to his concert last year, I had no idea who he was at the time but agreed to go because I love an outdoor summer concert, I have been one of his biggest fans ever since.  Laura was the mastermind behind getting us some amazing seats, and Angie did my make up that night in a golden, beachy style that I loved!  Seriously, how did I get so lucky to have these amazing women in my life??!  I love them to pieces.







Luke sure puts on an amazing show!  I could not believe I was that close to one of my biggest country crushes!  I had a huge smile on my face the entire night, I still can't believe that it happened and it was real life!




The next day, after our big night out partying with Luke, we wanted nothing more then to take naps on the beach feeling the warmth of the sun and hearing the crash of the ocean waves.  Going to the beach is one of my most favorite activities ever so I was soaking up every second of it.  Our wonderful hotel provided us with free towels, beach matts, and umbrellas.














After our lovely and relaxing day at the beach, we picked up sushi take out and got 44 oz gas station sodas and brought it all back to our hotel and ate out on the patio by the numerous fire pits and lighted candles (pictured above)

For dessert we got take out from Extraordinary Desserts.  I had never heard of this place before, I'm so glad Ang and Lu introduced me to it's magicalness!  Everything they serve there is gorgeous.  Garnished with roses and gold leaf.  We got a few different things to share, they even had a couple gluten free options, yay!




I took tons of pictures of them.  Sorry not sorry.







For second dessert, we made s'mores.  The hotel provides free s'more kits and marshmallow roasters every night so their guests can make s'mores in their fire pits around the pool.  We brought our own marshmallows since we found some at Extraordinary Desserts that were handmade and stuffed with chocolate and peanut butter chips (!!!!!!) The perfect way to end the perfect day.




Throughout our stay in San Diego, The "Golden Birthday Fairy" (Angie and Laura) would leave gifts on my pillow when I was in the shower or out of the room for a moment.  Could this trip get any better?  I think not!  The gifts were fun things to use in our costumes that played a major role in the second half of this birthday trip .... pictures of that to come next!





1 comment: