Friday, May 23, 2014

Smithsonian American History Museum


This morning started out with some fun times with Thomas.  
I am a sucker for this little boy in onsieses 





Today we started out at the American History Museum, this is one of the museums I was most excited for it has so many exciting things from our Nation's history.

Something that I couldn't wait to see in this museum was Julia Child's kitchen, it is so adorable!






Thomas had the best time spinning these food wheels 
his giggles were contagious



Taking pictures was pretty difficult with the lighting in the museum so I didn't get a ton of all the cool things we saw.  I did make sure to snap a picture of Dorothy's Ruby Slippers, I just thought they were so dainty and adorable!


There was a special exhibit on the Star Spangled Banner that was so fascinating to see.  Pictures weren't allowed inside so sadly I didn't get any photos of the famous flag but I was blown away by how big it is!  I was also astounded that there are big parts of the flag cut out because they were cut out and given as gifts back in the day!


After traveling though America's history, we headed over to the American Indian museum for lunch.  This museum has the best restaurant out of all the museums.  If you ever find yourself in DC, make sure you have lunch in this museum because it is outstanding.  I wish I had taken some pictures of the food, we got tamales, buffalo sliders, Navajo tacos, fry bread with cinnamon and honey, passion fruit pudding and so many other delicious and unique dishes.  It was definitely worth the trip!



1 comment:

  1. Your photo of the metal flag was beautiful. Such an unusual way to present a familiar object. I took a ton of photos, low light or not. How life changes over the years is reflected in these exhibits and was amazing to think about our present life style compared to when I was little, or when my mother was a child. Thomas is a continual delight!

    ReplyDelete