Saturday, November 16, 2013

Lake George and Gigi Market

The Sagamore located right on the banks of Lake George is gorgeous.  This was our hotel for the night.  We arrived in the late afternoon and had the rest of the evening to enjoy this lovely town.










After checking in to The Sagamore my dad and I decided to take a little stroll through the main part of town.  It's a small, quaint little place full of personality and charm.








Then we came back to the hotel and sat out on the back porch, right on the edge of the lake.  Listening to the gentle lapping of the waves, feeling the cool breeze on my face, and trying to memorize every single detail of the moment, I was in pure heaven and could have stayed out there for hours.














This was my breakfast the next morning.  Banana cream stuffed french toast.  It tasted just as good as it looks. 

Sadly we had to bid farewell the the blissful Lake George and the lovely Sagamore and continue our trip down the Hudson River Valley.  Today was a travel day, we drove all.  day.  long.  It was a pretty long day.  We made stop for lunch at the delightful Gigi Market.  Gigi's farmer's market provides year round daily access to “straight from the farm” products while sustaining a strong link between the growers and consumers in our community.  Gigi Market & Café celebrates the bounty of Hudson Valley farms and food artisans. Up at the farm we enjoyed, their famous Skizza's, panini, sandwiches, soups, salads and baked goodies.  






All of their food is made fresh and right to order so we had a cooking demonstration while we waited for our farmer's market lunch.  They showed us how they make their well known pear crisp.

I made sure to order one of their skizzas.  These little pizzas are so well known because Oprah visited the cafe a few years ago and loved their skizzas so much she asked for the recipe for the crust, and they refused to give it to her.  They refused OPRAH, that's a big deal.
This is an example of their baked goodies they have for sale in their market.  I was dying.  Do they not look like the best things in the world?!  I'm regretting my decision not to get one and save it for the road, looks like I'll just have to go back!


1 comment:

  1. Looks like you loved the Sagamore Hotel!! It was a classic for beauty and tasteful decor! While I missed the walk around town, I enjoyed the soft comforters and big bed in our beautiful room. I was glad to see you pictures of the country store...what a great place to explore. I loved the clouds in your pictures...and that peeling raspberry paint with the vine over it...you have a good eye! The golden rippled reflection in the lake too.

    ReplyDelete