Thursday, April 25, 2013

Cupid's Arrow Tea Party

This year I threw the second annualValentines tea party for all the lovely ladies in the family that live in Utah! Jenny and her two girls came as did mom, Bethy, and Marolynn.  Even Dina was invited! It was so nice to have a house in my own so I could go all out!  I love my bay window and kitchen table for entertaining, it makes for such a great party space!  I made gluten free chocolate cupcakes again, but this year I decorated them with edible gold spray paint, edible glitter, and marshmallow toppers.  So quick and simple, yet so rewarding!


For drinks I served strawberry cheesecake hot chocolate as well as chocolate hazelnut hot chocolate and blueberry pomegranate lemonade.
























Marilynn brought these adorable candy canes as party favors!  They were a big hit!
Everyone was nice enough to help with the wonderful buffet!  Bethy brought cucumber sandwiches, mom brought lemon cookies, and the Griffins brought heart shaped fruit skewers and I made jam and cream cheese heart shaped tea sandwiches.









It was such a fun afternoon of yummy treats and good company.  I'm already excited for next year!

3 comments:

  1. It was such a fun event! I am so glad to have been part of it! You did a great job with the decorations and food...so clever and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that is seriously the cutest valentine party I've ever seen! I love all your decorations and fun details. I think my boys would like the heart fruit shish kabobs--I think we'll add that to our valentine menu for next year:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for hosting this! Everything was simply perfect! The girls and I loved all the decorations and delicious treats.

    ReplyDelete