Monday, January 21, 2013

Getting Ready for Christmas in Disney



This past November, I accompanied the Griffins on a trip to Disneyland.  It was wonderful!  I really needed a vacation at that time and where better to go to find some happiness then the happiest place on earth!  The first couple of days we were there it was sweltering hot, which was actually kind of nice since the weather was only getting colder and colder in utah.  It was an exciting time to go because they were in the process of transforming the parks into magical Christmas wonderlands.  Every morning when we would enter the park we would notice busy little elves had been busy all through the night and more and more decorations appeared every day!  So, I took a lot of Christmas detailed shots, everything was just so fun and festive!









AHHHHH! New Orleans square is my FAVORITE place in Disneyland and it's Christmas decor is STUNNING.  The Christmas elves decked this place out later in the week so more pictures will be in a soon to be post, but here is a little sneak peek!

 I was so excited to experience the Nightmare Before Christmas version of the Haunted Mansion.  I had seen it once before when the family came to Disneyland for my Nephew, John's birthday, but I didn't remember how elaborate everything was. 





















I loved all the cute Christmas decorations in Critter Country
 





I agreed to go on Splash Mountain because it was so dang hot!  I have had pretty unhappy experiences on that ride the last two times I have attempted to ride it.  This time was great

I loved all the cute honey details
 Frontier Land





  
 Adventure Land


 I am so happy to report that I FINALLY got a Dole pineapple whip.  I am sure my parents got these for us when we would visit Disneyland as kids, but I don't remember ever having one and have always wanted to get one every time I go, I mean I go to Disneyland like once a year, but for whatever reason I could never squeeze one into our plans.  But this time, Jenny made my dream come true and made sure we stopped to get one for lunch on our very first day in the park.  It was deliciously refreshing but crazy sweet!  I made sure to get mine in a float because everyone told me they were better and they look so cool with the umbrellas and cherry


We also went through Tarzan's Tree house, which I haven't been through in years.  I think the last time I went through it was when they first changed it from the Swiss Family Robinson's tree house.



 Tonight for dinner we ate at Rancho Del Zocalo, I had never eaten here before or really even noticed it.  It's a really fun and festive restaurant, I really liked the ambiance, the food I would probably say would be around a 5 on a scale from 1-10.









Christmas lights at night!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment